Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PRIMAVERA Managing Percent Complete

2 replies [Last post]
Charlie Daniels
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi 

I have a project which I split into subprojects. 

Example 2 project are activity type projects and are just different disciplines but actually make up one project schedule. 

The 3rd project is a milestone schedule linked to the 2 activity schedules.

I would like to know if there is a way to make the milestone schedule have no weight on the performance % complete calulation for the 2 activity schedules?

if I open only the activty programs I get 20% complete, if i open all 3 I get 3% complete.

This does not make complete sense since the milestones don't even role up percent coplete into the wbs like the activity schedules do.

I understand it probably weighs down the progress simply because it adds weight to the schedules, being linked to them.

Is there a way for me to keep this structure, but remove the weighting of the milestones on the activity plans?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

do not expect percent complete to roll up because you have have different percent completes for different activities. This is like asking to compaire apples and oranges. I have a more detailed explaination of percent complete at the link listed below. 

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3029/

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3029/

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Charlie

In the "Hint Help" you have a good explanation how the percent complete are calculated.

Under the tab Earned Value in the project and the wbs view check the settings for the percent complete calculation.

Maybe it will be better, after agreement of pm, to use a different percent complete type.

Dieter