Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Weird Project Finish Date

3 replies [Last post]
Richard A
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Folks,

I am quite new here as a member, however I have been a pseudo member coming on and off before. I have a recent issue with my Primavera P6 V8.2 settings ( I suppose). What I have noticed is that, whenever I load up an XER file sent from a project member onto my PC, there are certain mile stones and regular activities that has the project 'finish date' changed. I always know immediately  that the dates are not the true dates especially when the xer file is a baseline schedule. However, whenever the same file is loaded on any other PC other than mine, the true real dates show up. I have varied my duration columns to troubleshoot this but still no luck. I will appreciate your help to decipher the 'date changing ghost' on my PC. 

Replies

Richard A
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Ok folks, just to update you on the eventual solution to my initial post as it may end up saving someone's time one day.

All I did was to go to Admin Preferences - Earned Value

And under the Earned Value Calculation I chose 'At completion values with current dates' 

Followed by an F5 (refresh)  and then F9 (Schedule).

And that was it. All dates became conformed and showed correctly.

cheers

Ahmed Aziz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Richard,

Make sure that the default calendar is a 7day calendar then hit (F9), i hope this will fix the problem.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Richard

Welcome to Planning Planet.

Check your calendar settings.

Best regards

Mike Testro