Forum Sponsor:

An innovation in P6 Professional training from RPCuk in partnership with Oracle. All the topics that matter to you in workshops customised to your role and industry.  Now get superior training value when you book our Blended Learning Bundle. Learn more here.

Viewer for .xer, xml and xls schedule files Schedule Reader™Free Trial

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 v8.2 Import Resource Assignments

1 reply [Last post]
James Shaffer
User offline. Last seen 3 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I added 5 resources with varying budgeted hours to a task-dependent task set to duration type of Fixed Duration/units. Everything looked fine.

I exported that set of assigments to an xls file. I DID NOT OPEN THE FILE.

I deleted the 5 resource assignments, setting the activity's budgeted units to 0 in the process.

I imported the previously exported .xls file. All five resources showed up, but only one had any budgeted units on it, the number of budgeted units originally assigned (37 units over 30 days.)

All the other resource assignments had a zero in their budgeted units.

Where should I look?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

make sure that calculate cost from units is NOT checked on the resorce if it is run a global change and set it to no