Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

why my Baseline & Actual units showing different after assigning the current project as a baseline ?

3 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

dear all,

i encountered with the problem which seems something unrealistic : means u update my schedule & than i made a copy the current schedule as a my baseline.

here when i am looking @ my units its showing different for past month. whereas it should be the same asplanned.

please check the attachment for reference.

thanks…... wysiwyg_imageupload::

p6_prob.png

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

...or just correct your Primavera settings so it doesn't look at planned dates.

http://eastwoodharris.com/DL/TP/110616_P6_V7_What_Baseline_Bars_am_I_Displaying.pdf

Ravi Katare
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Run GC to replace Planned start & finsh with start & finsh.

- Ravi

Charlie Daniels
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HI Irfan,

Not sure that this will help, I had a similar problem recently.

If I looked on the Gantt Chart the Baseline Bar didn't line up with the current bar.

The dates were not lining up either. (I also created a new baseline using the current project)

I checked the following:

1. The correct Baseline was assigned

2. The correct Columns were being displayed (relevant to that baseline)

3. The correct baseline bars were selected on the Gantt Chart

After all these were confirmed and correct it still dodn't match.

I aligned the original duration with the remaining duration using global change, this seemed to have sorted the problem out.

I hope this can help with your issue?

Regards

Charlie