Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

View of All Costs by Cost Account

1 reply [Last post]
Hugh McLeay
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Planners,

Is there a view in P6, that allows me to view ALL costs, grouped as per the 'cost account' hierarchy?

E.g. I have some activities cost loaded with resources, and other activities cost loaded with expenses.
Some activities are loaded with both.
All costs (resource and expense) are assigned to an element in my 'cost account' structure.

Using the 'Project Expenses' view, I can get a nice grouping of expense costs (not resource costs) by cost account.
Using the 'Resource Assignments' view, I can get a nice grouping of resource costs (not expense costs) by cost account.

Is there a way of getting a view of ALL costs, grouped by cost account?

Thanks,
Hugh.

Replies

Manochehr Hosseini
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mcleay,

There is no way to create such grouping in p6 itself but it is possible to make a report by BI publisher and also in excel by using of PMSDK.

Regards,

Manochehr