Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 Doubts

No replies
tousif khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I have few doubts which i want to clear., please help me to learn the real basics behind these.

Let me explain you why I got all the doubts … I made a cost loaded schedule and assigned baseline to the project and made a schedule percentage complete s curve (in excel) got it approved from client. Now after completing all this I sent for monitoring to site planner.. While importing site planner noticed that cost has reduced from 23 million to 9 million in the imported project where as the dates are maintained.

1.       Why baseline is not available while schedule is imported, I had assigned the baseline before exporting it.. What I see in assign baseline window is “current project” as project baseline.

2.       Why project is showing the same baseline Schedule % percentage complete values same as the s curve. Even though baseline is not there and why planned value cost is per multiple of 9 million and schedule percentage complete. I believe it should be equal to 23 Million x Schedule percentage complete.

3.          How Primavera P6 Stores Baseline I mean is it in terms of percentage and date or by some other means because planned value cost is multiple of cost of the schedule …?

Please let me know you need any more information to explain these … looking forward for a respond the experts …

Regards,

Khan