Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Material Resources Resetting to zero

2 replies [Last post]
Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
I have just started on a project in Finland where we are cost loading the schedule.I am working with P6 Professional R8.2 Release 8.2.1 The problem we are having is that after loading all the costs, as soon as we try to update progress on an activity, and make any change to an activity date/duration all the costs (budgeted, actual,remaining & at Complete) associated with that activity reset to zero.Have you had any experience of such a problem or any idea how to resolve it?Any assistance would be appreciated.Kind regardsAndy Pearce andrew.pearce@teamisgplc.com

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Andrew,

The main reason is your price/unit is equal to zero. If you using resources with quantity it will multiply the qauntity through price/unit. However, if you will just enter the Budgeted Cost manually without considering the resources assigned then you will get the zero value cost as shown below: My example shows the as Labor resource type, the same will applied to Materials.

cost.png

cost1.png

cost2.png

cost3.png

The other option is to make use of Project Expenses instead.

Cheers,

Arnold

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Andrew,

The issue is related to your settings in "Duration Type".

Cost will not change if Budgeted Units or Remaining Units and Price/Unit are not affected whenever you make changes in duration of an activity.

Regards,