Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Import XER Problem

5 replies [Last post]
evren cetin
User offline. Last seen 10 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi to All ;

I want to import xer file to P6 with all dates but ORGINAL DURATION , REMANING DURATION , SCHEDULE % COMPLETE , START and FINISH fields become empty . How can I import xer files with full information and updated status .

Thank you .

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Almost all data is exported when creating an XER.  There are no export options.  There are import options, however.  In the Update Project Options screen of the import XER operation, click on the Modify option button and review what you have selected to import.

The only other possibility is that your P6 User ID is not authorized to import the missing data.  Check with your P6 System Administrator to confirm that you have the necessary authorizations.  Good luck!

Neil Hendry
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Evren,

Importing should bring all these values in automatically,  see if you can get another copy of you XER file and try again.  (It may be a corrupt file)

Regards

Neil

evren cetin

Both are same versions . 7.0

But when I try to import files they come with 0% progress .

evren cetin

Both are same versions . 7.0

But when I try to import files they come with 0% progress .

Alain De leon
User offline. Last seen 7 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

what is your version of p6 and what is the version of xer file you want to import?