Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6.1 SQL error

3 replies [Last post]
Leo Nicholson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Trying to speed up P6.1 with SQL commands.

When I try to enter:

1st Query

update statistics project with fullscan ,all
update statistics task with fullscan, all

2nd Query
exec sp_updatestats

I get error:

Msg 2706, Level 16, State 6, Line 1
Table 'project' does not exist.

Replies

Leo Nicholson

It has been awhile, but I had to install P6.1 on a new laptop.  Windows 7 Pro 32bit.  It installed and runs ok, but when I try to run the SQL tweaks:

1st Query

update statistics task with fullscan, all

2nd Query
exec sp_updatestats

I get the following:

p6speedup.jpg

Leo Nicholson

THANK YOU for taking the time to address my problem.  Your first option exactly addressed my problem.  Load time literally went from 30 minutes to about 30 seconds! 

I really appreciate your help.

Leo

Steve Ellis
User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Leo,

From what you are explaining, it sounds like you are using SQL Server Management Studio to run the queries. Please advise if this is not the case.

When you run these queries you need to ensure that you have your P6 database selected. There are a couple of ways you can do this.

The first is to ensure that the drop down box at the top left of the screen has your p6 database selected. I'm assuming this is probably displaying 'master' for you. it should display something like 'PMDB' or 'pmdb$primavera'.

db.png

the second option is to specify a command as part of your query. eg. if your p6 database name in PMDB you might run the following:

use pmdb
update statistics task with fullscan, al

use pmdb
exec sp_updatestats

Please note that updating your database statistics is not a golden bullet. There may be other issues causing your p6 environment to perform slowly.

Regards,

Stevel