Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Migrating OPP 2.6 to Primavera

2 replies [Last post]
Ray Dawson
User offline. Last seen 6 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Our orginisation is having to move from OPP 2.6 to Primavera P3e V5, not my choice, Corperate edict.
Any way does anyone out there know of a tool or a mapping that will allow us to move our current projects from OPP oracle to Primavera Oracle data sets?

Replies

Robert Mellalieu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ray, I am not familiar with OPP as I am a Primavera planner however I believe having talked to my fellow OPP planners that OPP will export to MSP and/ or Excel. Once this is accomplished the data can be imported to P3e. Don’t know of any way to directly interface the Oracle data sets. If you have Primavera tech support they will offer you a spreadsheet that you can populate with your OPP data that can easily import to P3e in the correct fields. Obviously the weakest link in the chain is MSP and care will need to be taken if your schedules are large or you have links between Projects.
If you have found another way I would like to know your solution. Good Luck
Kirk Wright
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Judging by the response Ray, you must be the first !!