Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

OPP - Subproject Activities

6 replies [Last post]
David Sargeant
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am a new user to OPP and I am having trouble working with an existing project. All the subproject activities have a start date equal to TimeNow and a finish date based on the latest finish date of the child activities.

Why is the early date for the subproject equal to time now and not the earlist start date of the applicable child activity?

Replies

Joanne Foster
User offline. Last seen 16 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
I don’t know enough about P3 to make a contribution to which is better, or which is better suited what industry.

I used to be a huge fan of OPP, but since the release of v3 my confidence has gradually reduced to the point where I now have ZERO confidence in anything which Welcom produces.

Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
It seems then, that despite other opinions, the people or at least some of the people who are paid to protect us believe that Openplan can provide the goods better than P3

Interesting that could be a life and death decision

Any thoughts Bill

Maybe we should take a closer look at this knuclhead (sp)programme?????
Joanne Foster
open plan is used mostly by defence, there are of course other users, but defence is probably the biggest user of open plan.

P3 is used extensively in Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction etc.

J
Oscar Wilde
User offline. Last seen 16 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
ps whatsa black duck
sounds intriguing (SP)
Oscar Wilde
User offline. Last seen 16 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
is open plan very popular in australia seems to be
do you guys not use P3
Have you seen bills comments about knuckheads
Hermie
Help
Joanne Foster
You need to go
Project menu > Time Analysis
then ensure that "Actual Date Option" and "Show Summary Dates in Subprojects" is selected (the later is the option will rollsup the dates correctly.

Why on earth you wouldn’t want that happen, and thus make it an option is beyond this little black duck!

J