Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Setting up multiproject in OPE

2 replies [Last post]
Radek Slanina
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello all Planning Planet friends!

Do you have any experience with setting up an multiproject in OPE? I have many OPE project, which I have to "put together" to multiproject file. Each of them has correctly set up start and finish date in project dates, but when i insert them into one file as external subproject and I run the time analysis with date now set to the oldest start date from all subproject all projects start dates changes to this date. Can you help me? How is it possible to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Replies

Hermie LaO
User offline. Last seen 17 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Rodek,

After you combine the different projects into 1 master project, open the master project and for each external sub-project, add a constraint for each of the sub-project constraining the Start and Finish date. What this does is lock the start and finish date for this external sub-project.

Afte this you can time analyze.

The beauty of this, is that you can assign access rights to the external sub-project so that others can manage these sub-projects, while at your level you can see all of the rollups at master level.

Regards,

Hermie
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Suggest you try primavra .3win
easy as a breeze. Thats why everyone is using p3 }}}}

cheers bill