Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Tracking using Microsoft Project 2010

1 reply [Last post]
Mohd Nazrul Azwan...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

I am the Junior Planner from Malaysia. I would like to know how many methods of project tracking that can be used in Microsoft Project? I also want to know how can I do the progress tracking by cost and by time based. Please advise me. If you have any notes or handouts, can forward to me at mohdnazrulazwan@gmail.com

Thank you.

Replies

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

There are various methods employed by various people to track progress in MSP, but some of them are just plain wrong.

Suggestion: practice with just one task. start with the tracking table. Input actuals, then adjust the remaining.

Search for "tracking" on google groups microsoft.public.project