Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export MS Visio 2010 to MS Project 2010

No replies
Reggie Winfrey
User offline. Last seen 8 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am trying either import an MS Visio File into MS Project or export an MS Visio File into MS Project.  The instructions are pretty straight forward in Visio for exporting a file from Visio and the instructions read as follows:

1. On the Timeline tab, click Export Data.

Note When you export an expanded timeline that includes more data than appears on the original (such as additional milestones), you are asked if you want to export all of the data or only the data that is shared by all of the timelines.

2. In the Export Timeline Data dialog box, navigate to the folder where you want to save the exported file. For File name, type the name you want to use for your Project file, and then click Save.

A confirmation message appears when the export is completed.

The problem is I don't see a "Timeline" tab in Vision.  I did add a Timeline function, but it only does an import from other format into Visio.  Can someone tell me either how to insert the Timeline Button in Visio so I can get to the "Export Data" option or perhaps point me in the direction of importing the file into Project through Project?