Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

assigning resource to milestone activity

4 replies [Last post]
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Planners,

I am user of Primavera, but the company I am working with is using MS Project 2010, the concepts are mainly the same with different views, but I well know that in Primavera you can not assign resourse or cost to the activity, however in MS project I think you can?

Best,

Moutaz

Replies

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

I agree with Mike, what's the point of assigning resources to a milestone?

Assign your resources or cost to the activities that would make you achieve the milestone.

=jerome

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

In MS Project you can have 3 types of resources:

• Work
  • Material
  • Cost

All 3 of them can be assigned to a milestone, however only Material and Cost may influence the cost of the milestone for obvouse reasons.

Regards.

Evgeny

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 57 min ago. Offline

Cash from payment receipts become available on an instant or zero duration task. it is not that if you receive 800,000 Euros you cannot make immediate transfers/payments of the whole amount.

You might also want to schedule the activity based on meeting resource calendars.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Moutaz

Since a milestone has zero duration any cost assigned to it would register zero.

So what is the point of trying?

Best regards

Mike Testro