Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter or highlight tasks that are ongoing during task calendar exceptions (every other Friday off)

2 replies [Last post]
Pat O
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi.  I have an MSP task calendar that reflects that those working to that calendar have every other Friday off.

I would like to create a filter that will highlight which tasks are affected by these Fridays.  This seems to be defined as "what tasks have a start date before the off-Fridays and end after the off-Fridays".  This calendar causes work on the task to stop on end of day Thursday and resume on Monday.

If it helps and is not on a bad or inefficient track, I have been able to identify tasks that Start on the off-Fridays by picking one and calculating each 2 weeks forward with this flag:

(Fix([Start])-DateValue("5/9/14")) Mod 14=0

I have been unable to figure out so far how to identify those tasks that are ongoing across an off-Friday.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Replies

Pat O

Got something working that seems more brute force than elegant, but it gets me there:

1. Find the first and second Fridays following the start of a task. 
  2. Test to see which of those Fridays is an off Friday.
  3. Test to see if the task is not yet finished by the off Friday.
  4. Also flag tasks starting the Monday after an off Friday.
Pat O

Not sure why my posts are doubling up - this was a dup.