Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP 2010

8 replies [Last post]
Susiri Leelaratna
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When I print out MSP2010 file of 2.7 MB, the file size increases to 99 MB during transmission to the printer (The output at the printer indicates the file size).
It takes about 15 minutes to print.

What is the reason for this?

Can anyone help?

Replies

Leonard Esber
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all, just want to ask how many columns available in MS Project 2010?

K L KAMESWARI AK...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 28 weeks ago. Offline

Susiri,

first convert the file into pdf and then give a print

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

RE

<< 

When I use "Group by summary" in MSP 2010, the summary task in the DURATION FIELD does not calculate as previously did in MSP2007:

Duration in Summary Task (MSP 2010) = Duration of the sub task with MAXIMUM Duration

Duration in Summary Task (MSP 2007) = Latest date of any sub task - Earliest date of any sub task

How do I overcome this problem in MSP 2010?

>> 

I think you need to use scheduled duration field.

I think this has been discussed here:

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/microsoft-project/534833/group-duration-summary

RAJA GHOSAL
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

After updating the project progress I want to see expected finish date on a current data date.Can anyone help me in MSP 2010.???????????

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline

Susiri,

This is clearly an error. I've tried to produce similar results with formula's (ProjDateDiff, between earliest start and latest finish date in the summary) but that doesn't work (like it should) either.

If you (temporarily) remove your baseline, you can use Duration Variance instead but that's obviously not the way to go in the long run.

H.T.H.

Susiri Leelaratna

When I use "Group by summary" in MSP 2010, the summary task in the DURATION FIELD does not calculate as previously did in MSP2007:

Duration in Summary Task (MSP 2010) = Duration of the sub task with MAXIMUM Duration

Duration in Summary Task (MSP 2007) = Latest date of any sub task - Earliest date of any sub task

How do I overcome this problem in MSP 2010?

Susiri Leelaratna

Thanks Andrew.

We have found the problem. It was in the printer software.

Regards

Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Susiri,
This problem may come about by having information below your project.
In the activities view go to the bottom line. From there highlight everything below it to the bottom row, then clear or delete these lines to remove any data that may be in there.

This should hopefully fix the issue.

Andy