Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Loading In MS Project

3 replies [Last post]
Adekunle Arisilejoye
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Please, how do I add multiple resources to a fixed work task type, with the resoures having the same units.

e.g Piping Engineer = 14hrs
Mechanical Eng. = 16hrs,
total work is 30hrs(I want it fixed). Naturally MP assigns a days of work for the task. But I want it done in 5days with the 2resource persons working tru d 5days. I tried doing it but MP cntrols the unit percentage, hence my histogram was wrongly affected.

Any ideas.

Cheers,
Kunle

Replies

Adekunle Arisilejoye
bingo,

Worked man, thanks alot. But why didnt it work. I set it to fixed duration but just cos I didnt put 100%units it didnt.

Cheers man
Adekunle Arisilejoye
thanks man will try it out asap.

cheers
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Set the Task Duration to 5 Days.
Assign the 2 Resources at 100%.
Set the Task Type to Fixed Duration, effort driven on.
Switch to the Task Usage View.
Type in 14 hours Work for the Piping Engineer.
Type in 16 hours Work for the Mechanical Engineer.
The Duration will not change while you make the changes.
MSP will spread the hours for each Resource over the 5 Days, 2.8 hours/Day and 3.6 Hours/Day respectively.