Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to import MSP to PRIMAVERA

12 replies [Last post]
sanjay sahai
User offline. Last seen 14 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys

can any1 help me , how to import the MSP(mpp) to primavera.

sanjay

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 26 min ago. Offline
Sanjay
I am glad the reference I obtained from this forum helped.
Regarding the import resources to P6 issue here I cannot help you as we do not use P6. We use Suretrak as the 10,000 limit on activities is enough for our needs.
nevertheless the issues are the same/similar.
I have successfully imported resources into Suretrak with this utility without the need of any additional steps.
I am sure someone else in this forum will pick up the issue and help you out.
R. Davila
sanjay sahai
Thanks Davila

i have downloaded the MPP to MPX converter as u said. the project got exported and i did all corrections for relationship.

but when i am importing the resourses (from excel to P6) it shows me error and none of the resourses get imported.

can u help me out..???

thanks
sanjay
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 26 min ago. Offline
Did you tried with the conversion utility by Primavera MppToMpx.exe?
You can download it from the following link previously posted under another but similar topic. http://www.projectstatus.com/pub/PubFiles/MppToMpx.exe
I use this utility to import mpp files to Suretrak, I do not have any other Primavera Software as all my clients do use Suretrak. At previous job locations I had network access to old reliable P3, also access to unreliable P3e which after many attempted upgrades is now called P6 (don’t know if still unreliable) so there is no way I can try the conversion with these other Primavera applications. Beware no way file conversions will be 100% complete/reliable, use it once then keep using your Primavera Software.
sanjay sahai
Hi Alex

I unstalled the MSP from my computer and tried importing the MPX file but it is showing error. i will explain step by step
1) i converted MPP file to PPR, doing this The activities having relationship with FF has not exported in PPR format (Activities are visible but relationship disappear in PPR format)
2) i export PPR file to MPX file, all duration becomes zero
3) i try importing this MPX file to P6, it shows me error (while Importing) "an application event has intercepted please note the event code for reference"
EVENT CODE PRMDB-1922-5

i dont know wat is going wrong, can u please help me

sanjay
sanjay sahai
Hi Alex

yes i do have installed MSP2007 & P6 on same system
i will try unstalling MSp2007 & then export the MPX tp P6.
will let u knw later
thanks
sanjay
sanjay sahai
Hi moutaz

i am using P6

Sanjay
sanjay sahai
Hi Alexandre

i convted MPP file to MPX, Then i import it to P6 (stand alone),while importing i get the following error

Event code PRMDB-1922-5

after this error when i go to see (in project window) wether the import has taken place or not, the imported project is reflected there but when i click on it to open,it shows me the error

"WBS was deleted by another user"

and the project disappears from the EPS (Project windows)
i am using MSP 2007, Windows vista (1st laptop)
MSP 2003,Windows XP (2nd laptop)

Sanjay
sanjay sahai
Hi Moutaz

i am using P6.
when i import the MPP file, it gives me error.
kindly tellme step wise step how to proceed.
thanks
sanjay
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

Open P3, tools, MPX conversion utility, convert an MPX project to P3

Regards,

Moutaz