Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

work units and duration

1 reply [Last post]
Ahmed Ewis
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Well hi again its me well i think i have a nother problem again this prob is coming from that
resoruce units * duration = Work
well i cant get this equation i know duration is having a unit of time i mean days hours months and so on but what is resource units units was defined once as the amount or the quantity of the resources which mean if u have for example 3 or 4 mechanics this mean u have 400% cause u have 4 workers of the same type or doing the same kind of job which is mechanic stuff working full time and then they split tasks types to
fixed units default
fixed duration
fixed work can i have example of some realistic tasks about this to understand it more clearly ???
thanks.............

Replies