Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help with Manufacturing Lot driven schedule in MSP

4 replies [Last post]
Shana Solomon
User offline. Last seen 19 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone offer ANY advice on using MSP for a manufacturing plan? I have a schedule with multiple subs sending multiple lot deliveries to us, multiple lot shipsets to the customer, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

Shana Solomon
Thanks so much for the idea! You are correct...it will prevent me from losing my data if I copy 8 times.

Cheers to you!
Shana
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi!Shana,
I suggest you to use 8 different custom flags and identify your different lots with different flags. Then for each flag use the filter and save it in different Views. Each views will look as your subproject and you can monitor and update all indivisually. I think this is a easy solution but if the file is too big to handle then copy file ( with all 900 activities) in 8 different file then keep 1 lot in one file and delete other activities. Then finally combine all sub project in a master project and create the links between the project for the missing links. In this way you will not loss any of your data like resources and costs but this is a hectic work to do.
Cheers,
Shana Solomon
I already have a 900 activity lot driven schedule with approx. Level II detail. If we manage to the detail that the team wants (closer to a Level III), I need to break the existing schedule into about 8 subprojects, still by lot but also including details down to the quantities. Any ideas on how to break that up without losing my logic and resource info, etc? Do you have a better suggestion on the approach?
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Shana,
Can you give some more details of your requiremnt. I think you can use Subproject facility or grouping options of MSP for different lots of work.