Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Technical Problem Discussion.

9 replies [Last post]
Mohd Shahrizan Ab...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Some time we are facing problem, that come from ours Primavera Software. From here we can sharing any method to overcome our Primavera problem instead waiting reply from our Primavera Supporter to resolve ours issues especially from P6 that using SQL SERVER to keep our database.

Replies

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Guys,

From my view, P6 is friendly user than backdated version.Of course the way we run it is totally diffrent with P3 because you are not familiar yet. The mentality stuck with outdated version aren't you?

Now we've P7, then let me ask you all guys, are goin to stick with P6 version?

SAIFUL ADLI MOHAMAD
User offline. Last seen 13 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Irfan..

Currently playing around with P6. Hopefully I can master this software within this few days..(finger crossed)
Mohammad Irfan Ah...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Saiful;

agreed with phil on this, you should move to P6, previously i’m also unhappy with P6 because it totally new platform compare to P3, after using it for a few months and now have using it for 3 years, i found that this P6 is very good software but of course something need to consider on new version of P6.
SAIFUL ADLI MOHAMAD
Thanks a lot Phil.

But now, I’m stuck in a fast track project. No rooms for learning/training.

I hope the bullets is gonna be tasty..

Thanks again for your advice Phil.
Saiful,
No, you will have to ’bite the bullet’ and upgrade to P6 I am afraid. You will find it challenging at first as I did (P3 to P3e) but you wont look back to P3 after you are familiar with it.

No doubt this will spark a whole new debate on the differences between P3 and P6 and the perceptions of each user but in my opinion (and I was a staunch P3 user that was dragged kicking and screaming away from P3) P6 is a really good planning tool and I could not go back to it.

Take the plunge my friend!

Rgds
Phil

SAIFUL ADLI MOHAMAD
Hi Phil,

Is there any way I can use P3 in Windows 7? I just bought my new laptop.. :-(
Hi Saiful Adli,

No it is not as P3 is a 16 bit application and will not run on a 64 bit OS.

Rgds
Phil Palmer
SAIFUL ADLI MOHAMAD
Hi all,

I’m having difficulty installing P3 to Windows 7 (64-bit). Is P3 compatible with this OS?
Mohd, if you or any other PP members face problems using Primavera please contact us at PCSS Consultancy Sdn Bhd in Kuching at support@pcss.com.my.

PCSS are authorised Primavera dealers for East Malaysia and provide sales, implementation, training and mentoring services and are more than happy to answer any problems raised on this site.

Regards

Phil Palmer