Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing MSP into Primavera

2 replies [Last post]
Bob Foden
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Fellow Planners,

I have to import a number of MSP’s into Primavera 6. I have a unique ID in column "Text1" in MSP I want to be reflected in the Primavera "Activity ID" column but do not know how to change the rule in the import box. As you run through the import criteria it reaches a screen called "Import Confirmation" that then has a section "ACTIVITY" that states "Import Microsoft Project’s Task ID field into :Activity ID". This is where I would like to change it to "Import Microsoft Project’s Text1 field into :Activity ID".

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Bob

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi All

What on earthe has this thread got to do with improving PP website.

Use the P3 box for this type of thread.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Adrian Groves
User offline. Last seen 6 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, If you import the Text1 field in to a suitable User Defined Field in Primavera. You can then run a global change to change the activity id.

Let me know if you need any help

Adrian