Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What has happened to all the overseas jobs?

3 replies [Last post]
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
I just wanted to know what has happened to all the overseas vacancies? PP always use to have plenty of vacancies abroad, outside of the UK. Is it just a case of feast and famine for the moment?

Concerned member

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Joel,

I wouldn’t be too worried if I was you, there are still plenty of worldwide jobs about, including placements in the USA. Charlie cited 80,000 job cuts in the USA, so what? With the size workforce they have there, it’s a tiny percentage of the number of people employed.

If you’re worried about jobs not appearing in Planning Planet, that might be because recruiters are contacting people directly instead of posting placements in the Jobs area. What you might find useful is this Job Link which will give you access to lots of different jobs worldwide.

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Job in the US of A is gone.

80,000 job cuts, sign of recession in US of A. blame in to bush jr

So don’t expect anything from uncle sam.

the first to go are the illegals, the expat workers next, locals should be given priority.

Abhijit Kale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
rightly said Joel,

All vacancies are from UK only.
Nothing from Middle east.

Cheers,
Abhi