Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

a geography statement !

41 replies [Last post]
Morph T
User offline. Last seen 17 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi

as I was browsing the job page, I found that algeria is in the midlle east,just to correct that, we live in africa

regards
morph

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Whoa! Hang on Philip,

Leave me out of this, I think your last post should possibly have been addressed to Clive. If this is the case, I’m sure he will be more than happy to reply to you without me getting involved. This thread was starting to get a bit fraught and confusing earlier on, that’s why Rodel and I decided to leave it.

Just for the record, I have no problems with anyone’s convictions, nor do I think I know it all, as for the world needing free thinkers to improve, I’d say it rather depends on what they’re thinking.

Chris Oggham
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi chris,
I never stated my convictions as I have none, merely mentionedd one group as an example, the question is do you know anything about them at all? Do not think you know it all. As there is a whole world out there to learn, and the world needs free thinkers to improve.
Regards

Philip
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Philip
by the way I believe all denominations have a problem with the seventh day adventists calling themselves Christians
Clive Randall
Philip
Arbitartion generally requires the arbitrator to dispense with the spoons and keys and look objectively at the facts.
This would appear to revolve around the captilisation of C not Holy See
However if you feel like an arbitrator so be it as you say perhaps you should return to planning.
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

I have a big wooden spoon, and know how to use it terms of planning and most related matters, which leaves the scope wide open. In this instance, I feel like an arbitrator, as the subject has nothing to do with me, except in the way I was brought up. I had a very good friend, who was a catholic, and I was supposed to be protestant as a result of the way I was raised, but I did not have much time for either of the two as they where always calling each other names, specically in terms of who was sects and who was not, the catholic church was the mother church and the rest was sects. In terms of the Anglican church, the catholic church was the devil, and the baptists, methodists, prebyterians whatever were all sects. The outcome is if you were a presbyterian, the anglicans and the catholics were devils, and the Seventh day Adventists, The watchtowers, Quakers, etc, were sects.
As a result, if you were at the top of the pile in your opinion, anybody below you were sects, and anybody above you bad.

The joke is in real terms, what you are arguing about is a farce, as the catholic and eastern orthodox, that is russian and greek, are all sects, that stem from the original christian church. And, St Peter never had anything to do with this. I am writing this, to show that there is always some space for research.

My friend was my best man in a protestant church, which I left soon afterwards, we have the same ideas today, peace be with all of you, and lets get on with the planning.

Philip
Chris Oggham
Rodel,

I’m not sure I agree with your interpretation, but we may just be talking at cross purposes. I don’t really think it’s worth pursuing, so I’m happy to leave it if you are.

Chris Oggham
Clive Randall
Rodel
Ok your right
and here is my other cheek
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 15 hours ago. Offline
Chris,

I think the sentence is misleading. “all Christians are catholic”. This sentence is clearly stating the belief or faith and not the church.

This is what the meaning says:
“Christians” are believers of Christ.
“catholic” is pertaining to the whole Christian body or church.

As per Clive example stating sectors/ division or believers of Christ although he mention the capital “C” and small letter “c” it clearly focus on belief.

My apology if the interpretation is wrong.

Regards,
Rodel
Chris Oggham
Hi Rodel,

I think you may have misunderstood what Clive is saying, come to that so might I, but as I understand it Clive has said that all Christians are catholic. Please note the small c. When written with a small c catholic means - pertaining to the whole Christian body or church.

If you want to check the meaning yourself, use the Dictionary Link

The definition is not an opinion, it is a fact, and to say that you disagree with a fact seems just a touch strange to me.

Chris Oggham
Rodel Marasigan
Clive,

I don’t have any intension to start a debate but I don’t agree with you. Check this website and it may enlighten your faith.
http://www.catholic.com/library/noncatholic_groups.asp

Regards,
Rodel
Rodel Marasigan
Clive,

I fully understand what you’re talking about; it’s just a good sense of humours I believed. But correction, many Christian will not agree with you because not all Christian are catholic. Same belief but big difference takes it from me….

Chris,
Take note, US military base has been ousted in Subic, Philippines. Now election is coming and religion is one big factor of being voted in Philippines as they being dictate by their pastor and head of the religious organization. US are also being part of it now. Politics is one of dirties game in Philippines.

Okay it’s planning time!!!

Rodel
Clive Randall
Richard
All Christians are catholic i believe we are not all
Roman Catholic
now what the hell has this to do with planning
as to satire no it dosent ruin it
Clive Randall
Rodel
no its called satire
Charlie advised that Spain had not left a footprint in the Philipines
Satirically I suggested that was not the case as the vast majority of people in the Philipines are RC which they were converted to by the Spanish
IE a fundamental plank of the Spanish Colonisation is alive and well today in the Philipines
I dont see the majority of Philipinos being Anglican or Prespeterian or Methodist or any other proddy deviant element. ie they were not converted by the great nmaster of the US of QA (sorry what did you say George)(whats the Q for)(questionable american)
Now do you get it Rodel
Chris Oggham
Rodel,

Don’t get too happy, too quickly, all things being equal, it’s probably only a matter of time before the Philippines becomes just another US state.

Chris Oggham
Rodel Marasigan
I’m with you Chris,

That explains why majority of the brilliant planners of Philippines are working overseas.
Chris Oggham
Hi Guys,

Filipinos dominated by Buddhist? I wouldn’t have thought so; if as Charlie suggests the mentality is in US of A then they are much more likely to be dominated by the dollar.

Chris Oggham
Rodel Marasigan
HAHAHA!!!..

You’re so funny Clive, never heard of that before. I was raised by a Roman Catholic family and my son is going to be a priest in Philippines in the future. Do you mean that Filipinos are now dominated by Buddhist?
Clive Randall
that must account for why most philipinos are budist and not catholic?
Clive Randall
Rodel
You are not correct and I would reiterate that all Christians are catholic read your cread
as to whether they are Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Protestant and sub divisions therof that is a different matter
The importance here is catholic with a small c rather than a capital.
Ask you son he will advise I am sure
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Clive,

Actually, the new generation does not feel any connection with Spain. There influence is negligible.

The 40 years that the Philippines was colonize by US of A or Uncle Sam has tremendours impact than the 300++ years of Spanish Colonial rule.

So Philippines in Asia but the mentality maybe in US of A.

Cheers,

Charlie
Clive Randall
or spain maybe Charlie
Charleston-Joseph...
Richard,

I agree with you.

Tunisia can be physically in Africa - but other things maybe are French.

In the same way, Philippines is in Asia - but maybe other things are USA

In conclusion, we dont have to burden PP #1. We will just continue to enjoy and be happy we are given the opportunity to say what we want to say with regards to planning.

Cheers,

Charlie
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Please moderator

Tunisia is in Africa not in the Middle East.
Just a hint not all Arab countries are in the Middle East

Friendly mimoune

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
I’m Very Sorry!!!

Charlie is right ... don’t know why i gave that answer.

Sorry again.

Regards.
Chris Oggham
I think Charlie’s right on this one. There seems to be quite a bit of confusion as to where Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan actually are but it definitely isn’t South Asia.

They are frequently referred to a transcontinental countries, or Eurasian countries and their location given variously as Asia, Central Asia, Southwestern Asia and Europe.

Take your choice.

Chris Oggham
Charleston-Joseph...
Hello to all,

It is wrong.

South Asia is composed of: INDIA, PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH, SRI LANKA, NEPAL.

Specifically, the two countries belong to the other side of the Caspian Sea.

Please change again to what???

I’ll check.

Cheers,

Charlie
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there. The change has been made.

Thanks.
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Think that Both in South Asia.

Regards.
Forum Guest
"Perhaps next is to relocate Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan into Asia."

in the Asia Pacific or South Asia

Regards.
Morph T
thanks

happy to see algeria in africa in all it’s glory

regards
morph
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

Perhaps next is to relocate Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan into Asia.

Regards

John
Forum Guest
Hi All,

We ave moved Algeria into the African Continent and out of the Middle-East Region.

Hope this is a correct adjustment.

PP Admin Team
Morph T
hi all

yes of course we are in north africa, but I wanted just to stress the word africa.( we are african before anything)

but anayway it is a great forum, and I found a lot of jobs offer but incompatible with my skills :(

regards
morph

ps : happy to see you again james, and john and happy ramadhan for all ;)

John Lawson
James

You don’t need to convice me - just try convincing "Jan Public" in Oslo - Copenhagan - Stockholm - Helsinki - Reykjavik that they are not in Scandinavia.

John
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
John,

Well, there ya go!! When I last looked at a map entitled Europe, it included the Scandanavian countries, without specifying that they were "Scandanavia". This is where we have to start defining data sub-sets. Bearing in mind that we have the European Community, those whom are in the European Community but do not use the Euro, those that are Continental Europe, part of the EC but do not use the Euro etc. etc. So, the question is: what criteria should be used to define the countries’ inclusion as part of the generic nomenclature? Is Pluto a planet or not (excluding Goofy’s friend)?

Methinks that consultation with Google is required. Just done that....and hard-luck John: Quoted "Second smallest continent on Earth. It is bordered by the Arctic Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Mediterranean, Black, and Caspian seas. The continent’s eastern boundary runs along the Ural Mountains and the Ural River." Therefore, it includes the Scandanavian countries.

Cheers.

James :-)

James.
John Lawson
Hi James

I feel a "clanger" has been dropped - Denmark and Sweeden are both in Scandinavia not Northern Europe!!!

Well they were when I worked there last.

Regards

John
James Griffiths
OK Guys - let’s not get too heavy about this :-)

To start with; I dunno if there is any official definition of North, North East, North West etc. These terms are just used as a general geographical indicator and do not exist in anything other than people’s minds. It’s like saying "Northern Europe": is that Germany, Poland, Denmark, Sweden etc??

I think that best example I had, was when I was working in Texas, USA. A newly-introduced acquaintance asked me where I was from. In my best cut-glass accent, I replied: England, and he quipped: Where in Texas is that?

William Cormack
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Chris

I’m from Sutherland. It’s Northern Scotland not North East!! North East is Aberdeen [deleted by Moderator.]

The secretary’s mistake is not uncommon. We regularly used to get letters that had been originally delivered to a sorting office in Sunderland by the Royal Mail. We often got mail refranked in Sunderland.

Cheers
Chris Oggham
Hi John,

I’ve found exactly the same confusion as you. I once had to write a report giving details of possible locations for the site of a particular project. One of these was Sutherland North East Scotland, which through the action of an ambitious, but not too bright, secretary who thought she knew better ended up as Sunderland North East England.

Her boss was not amused.

Chris Oggham
John Lawson
Hi Morph/James

Have had similiar problems when NE England turned out to be NE Scotland along with the regular confussion between NE England and NW England.

Only wish people would do a simple check prior to posting a job, then they might even get a better respose.

Ps. I have always considered Algeria to be North Africa - rather than Africa.

Regards

John
James Griffiths
Hi Morph,

Some people just have no idea. I was looking at a job that was supposed be in the South West of England. It turned-out to be in the North West. I even informed the agency of this, yet several days later they still hadn’t changed it.