Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

After Login

6 replies [Last post]
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I dont know about the rest of you, but after logging-in, I always head to the Forun Section. If this is true for a vast majority of the rest of us, why not change the operatibility of the Login to take you directly to the Forum instead of the Members Screen?

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

We understand your statements over cookies - its a personal preference. I have checked the databases, some 88% of member have saved their Id and password as a cookie.

I am not sure how we can change the login screen to let it know that you wish to go to the forum after login, rather than members area, but I will get the team to think about it. I think we need to add a field to the data tables and add some script to ask you for your preference, save the data, and read it each time on login.

A web developer will tell you that the easiest method of doing this is by a cookie, but so what, we aim to please.

Please hasstle someone here, if it doesnt get actioned in a timely manner.

Kind Regards.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
But thats just the point; I dont allow cookies to be kept after I log off. Do you have any idea what your computer may be telling all of the sites that you visit?

Returning to my point, IF YOU DONT ALLOW COOKIES, I would still like to be automatically taken to the Forum instead of the Members Page after Log-in. I bookmark the log-in screen.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Tara,

"Can any one advise the use of make offline availableoption under favorites.If so I would like to have this option activated for planning planet portal."

If you are using Internet Explorer, you can enable offline viewing by setting the checkbox when you "Organize Favorites". Read the help section under "Browsing the Web Offline" for more info on how to cache specific pages.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc.
Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Ronald,

Like Bernard I dont even have to log-in when I go to planningplanet. Cookies! Check your setting?

Only when viewing from other computers (like now, but you dont see it), Im logging in.

Bye,

Ed van der Tak
ARAM Planning Consultants
Tara Muddappa
User offline. Last seen 17 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Bernad I have changed as suggested and is working fine.

Can any one advise the use of make offline availableoption under favorites.If so I would like to have this option activated for planning planet portal.

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
You can (if cookies are enabled) just bookmark the forum. Works for me.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc.