Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

GPC still a going concern?

Hi Jo or anyone else from GPC,

Can you give us a bit of an update on what is going on with the GPC please? The fellowship applications process seems to have completely stalled, and I can't find any evidence of any activity in any area from GPC since June.

-No new content added to the GPC library since June, as far as I can tell

-List of members on the GPC section of PP showing as "awaiting applicant" is large and, certainly in my case the status is innacurate -I've submitted everything required

-No responses to my emails to you on 22nd Jul, 4th Aug and 22nd Aug (I note Jo's commitment in Mike's thread to respond within 7 calendar days...)

-No posts here or on the livelink group from anyone officially involved in the GPC since June

I am concerned that the whole enterprise seems to have buckled under -is it still going? If so, what's happening & why no updates?

I am the test case for GPC membership within my company, and I have to say as things currently stand I will struggle to be an effective advocate for others to join up.

Cheers,

G

I know this is an old thread,

I know this is an old thread, but how are things progressing?

Phil

Hello Mike,To be fair I think

Hello Mike,

To be fair I think it is a little strong to say "you have been ignored every time" as we have communicated and you have been involved in providing content for the Forensic Analysis Standard of Practice, but nonetheless I'm sure that the organisation would love to have your help as Mr. 101.  So please do follow up on Jo's email and get yourself signed up as a Fellow you can then join the Assessor Team and review applicants - as I know that this would be appreciated.  

If you have any queries how to go about this, it is explained in the "HOW TO JOIN AS A MEMBER..." box on the http://www.planningplanet.com/guild/join page.

I envisage there would also be merit in getting you involved with the finalisation of the preparation of questions and answers for the Forensic Analaysis stream for Foundation, Proficient, Advanced and Expert levels - if you are up for it?

Have a great day all.  And please give Jo and her team in the GPC Admin 'dark room' a break as they are working 6 days a week and VOLUNTEERING their time in processing membership applications and answering queries.

Regards....James

Planning Planet Founder and Project Controls Manager

We need to have patience, I'm

We need to have patience, I'm doing my best, also, with the patience.  I'm certain this has become a project of unmeasurable scope.  In speaking with Jo via email a few days ago, my email was just one of over a thousand she was sorting through.  One can imagine the time of carefully going through each email, seeing each as needing a response with direction and wanted information.

Hi JamesYou wroteThere is no

Hi James

You wrote

• There is no "clique" over there; the system / model / processes / proceedures are being shaped and setup by a group of over 100 people; many of them full time project controls people such as myself.  ANYONE can get involved.

If ANYONE can get involved then why have I not been accepted from the very beginning - I offered my services to the Guild many times over the years and was ignored every time.

So why not make it 101.

If the CIOB can invite me to become a Fellow direct from an Associate member then the Guild can follow suit.

My proven years as an Expert Delay Analyst plus the 3,674 PP posts and three publications should be sufficient.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Update... I have just been on

Update...

I have just been on the Google Analytics site for www.PlanningPlanet.com and as of a couple of mins ago there were 67 active users, 21 of which were looking at "guild pages" and 213,814 unique page views in the 7 days week.

I need to talk with the web guys to get the servers upgraded as I think its slowing down slightly with this increased activity.

Have a lovely wekend all.

Hi All,I have been on the

Hi All,

I have been on the phone with the Guild Admin people and can report as follows (I am overseas on a work assignment)...

Here are my observations...

• The Guild Admin Team are sending out >100 emails each day, so things are moving along
  • They are learning as they are going along and as a result are ironing out the wrinkles in the system and it is improving
  • Gary, I believe has been responded too, as has Pierre, however, my calling them has used up half an hour of their valuable time (they are volunteering to work on a Saturday too, which I found to be commendable).  Mike they told me they responded to you back in May but have not heard back since so they have not ben able to assist you (Mike you really should get yourself in as a Fellow buddy).
  • There are some v.experienced people looking into the format of the Guild Library submittals as many people are submitting "less that useful data" so some of the mails relating to these submittals are being held pending.
  • There is no "clique" over there; the system / model / processes / proceedures are being shaped and setup by a group of over 100 people; many of them full time project controls people such as myself.  ANYONE can get involved.
  • There are 224 Fellow applicants who are in the pipeline currently; 4 new ones today, 1 yesterday and 3 two days before that, so to say no one else is applying for Fellows is not quite true.

I do hope that this updates everyone (me included).  If anyone has got any observations or wants to get involved, or needs something answered, they are welcome to email my at my personal PP address - james.williams@planningplanet.com and I can help.

Have a good weekend all.

Best Regards PP's Founder and Project Controls Manager

Hi all you potential guild

Hi all you potential guild members.

This is my opinion as to what is behind the current Guild stasis.

From the very begining I tried to get involved with setting up the Guild and the membership criteria but in spite of many attempts over the years I was not allowed into the inner sanctum.

The clique that set up the system are now self appointed fellows and they have set themselves the task of appointing more fellows to help grade the lower divisions.

They have set the bar too high and no one else is applying for fellowship level of the guild so they are stuck with increasing workload and have just given up.

The way to get things moving is to allow licentiate fellowship status for any PP member with more that 500 threads to be confirmed after 6 months assisting in the appointment of membership applications.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Good day all, I have

Good day all, I have provided all required documentation as well, and still no further responds from anyone Are the any required information you need or a fee outstanding? Hope to here from anyone soon Pierre

Just noticed the newsflash

Just noticed the newsflash posted yesterday.

Seems GPC is still alive after all. I'm guessing you're just very understaffed?