Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Design and Built

No replies
Question Answer
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Guyz! I am new here and i found this website interesting, Below are my questions and i hope anyone could hellp me out.

1) What does the term " Design and Built Project " means? I was asked in an interview, and i don't actually know the meaning and usefulness.

2) When do the activity " Tie in " starts in an MEP work?

3 ) What does IFC means , i actually know it  means Issue for Construction but i don't really know its effect on a schedule, Who should provide this and what activities can it be delayed if this is not issued on time?

4) What is the meaning of DC2..? is there anything like DC1? who should provide this and where can i place this on my programme? and what cant it delayed?

5) When should Testing and Commisioning starts on a program?

6) i need to know how to read an activity on a Drawings? Can anyone help me with what to read? I feel i should be able to know the sequence of activities on a drawings?

I hope my questions aint just much and i'm hoping anyone could help me with this as soon as possible.

Regards