Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calendar to be used for evaluating the impact of delay event

3 replies [Last post]
Ammar Al-Saket
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

If need to evaluate the impact of delay event whereas, the contractual programme's calendar is a 6 working day, what calendar to be used in the relevant schedule which is to be used to produce the Impacted Schedule, do I have to change the contractual programme calendar into (7 working day calendar) or the Impacted schedule shall preserve the contractual 6 working day calendar?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Amar

28 calendar days.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Ammar Al-Saket
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks a lot Mike,

Just to make sure that I've understood you correctly; say I have the following situation:

• project has 3 activities namely: A,B & C linked Finish-to-Start relationship.
  • activity D is the project completion "finish-milestone".
  • calendar used for all activities is 5 working day calendat
  • Time for Completion of the Works is counted in calendat days
  • An excusable and compensable delay event had delayed the completion date of the project (milestone D) for 4 weeks (20 working days) 
  • So, is the compensation for 28 days or for 20 days?

Thanks again

Ammar

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Ammar

Retain the working calendar for the impacted tasks.

The shift of the end date demonstrating delay should be represented by a hammock which has a 24/7 calendar.

The impacted events in the fragnet may have different calendars as required.

Best regards

Mike Testro