Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Document management software

10 replies [Last post]
K D
User offline. Last seen 15 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all.
We need a solution to manage documents of construction project.
Can you recommend us the best one ?

We are learning about "TEAMBINDER" http://www.qa-software.com/teambinder/index.htm

Could anyone give us a comments on this software?

Thanks & regards

Replies

Ian Vogelaar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

I would recommend AssaiDCMS from www.assai-software.com over Sharepoint. Assai has a document lifecycle model and there will be support for workflows such as review and approval processes, which sharepoint does not have.

Lina Ostoukh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Don't know about this one, to be honest with you. Most oftent when people talk about heavy DMS Sharepoint comes to mind. But it's very problematic system sometimes. So you can either optimize it or you can get everything to the cloud, if you are interested in this sort of things.

In this case I can advise you contacting these guys http://www.digdes.com/services/sharepoint-to-office-365-migration . I personally think that SaaS is much better than most on-premises options for most parts, of course there are some exceptions, I know...

K D
Hi Mike.
From version 11.0 onwards, Primavera change the name from Expedition to Contract Manager.
Therefore, 2 names refer to only 1 module.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
if u thinking of online documentation , then aconex is a better option

www.aconex.com

Cheers,

Ravi
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi K D

I was suggesting Expedition not CM.

This is a full document handling and search engine. I have seen it demonstrated in Hong Kong.

Best regards

Mike T.
K D
Hi.
Thanks for your valueable information.

I think Primavera contract manager can not meet demands of managing documents.
It only have module controlling drawing.
We need a function to manage documents, files in hierarchy (packages and subpackages).

We researched into Primavera CM but it does not work.

How about Aconex? Have anyone used it?
Could you present some outstanding features?
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi All

Primavera Expedition works OK

As Does Doculex.

Otherwise you can set up your own system by scanning in each document and logging everything on an excell spreadsheet with live links.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Its basically a web-based storage area that allows you to create pages for departments or projects etc.

You can create folders to put the latest procedures or design etc in a accessible area and then it lets you create alerts for folders so you recieve notification emails when something has been updated or changed.

Each area also has the ability to publish announcements, so if for example, an IT project has a piece of software being entered into the live environment, an annoucement could be made to state that ’any new problems encountered with the current environment need to be reported to service desk’.

It is labelled as ’collaborative’ software.
Read about it on the Microsoft website.

http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/prodinfo/what.mspx
K D
Hi Oliver.
No, we have no chance to approach that software. Could you give some highlights or strong features of it ?
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Have you looked at SharePoint.