Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EOT CLAIM, DELAY CLAIM

15 replies [Last post]
remon remono
User offline. Last seen 17 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
HI ALL,
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS.
1. I AM PREPARING EOT CLAIM, I NEED SOME HELP IN THIS REGARD. I MEAN YOU FELLOW PLANNERS HAVE ALREADY MADE CLAIM I CAN FOLLOW IN PREPARING MY CLAIM.

2. ANOTHER ISSUE, I FOLLOWING ANOTHER PROJECT IN WHICH THE CLIENT DELAY US IN ONE ITEM MORE THAN 150 DAYS BUT WE MANAGED TO HANDOVER THE PROJECT BEFORE I50 DAYS FROM THE CONTRACTUAL FINISH DATE. WHAT I CAN CLAIM FOR AND HOW TO CALCULATE THE DELAY COST.

PROJECT DURATION = 730 DAYS
ESTIMATED DELAY TIME BY CLIENT = 150 DAYS
PROJECT COMPLETION DATE NOV. 2006
ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE = JUNE 2006

DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM FOR IDLE EQUIPMENT & LABOURS, AND HOW TO ESTIMATE THE COST OF SUCH DELAY.

BEST REGARDS,

REMON REMONO

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Welcome to planning planet

Please set up a new topic - not add to an old one.

It would help if you told us the form of contract you are using.

Best regards

Mike Testro

PARDEEP KUMAR
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I want to calim EOT due to variation of Drawing, and exra work.

Kindly some one share me which clause will be use , please share me letters.

Stuart Ness
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Remon,

At the risk of sounding superfluous, what does your Contract state about time limitation for submitting a claim (if any) and in regard to giving notice of a claim(if any)?

Stuart

www.rosmartin.com
ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Remon,
Your clarification is required in the light of all our perviouse posts in order to continue this thread and reach to final conclusion.
Andrew Flowerdew
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Remon,

This thread seems to have lost its way slightly.

Have a look back on the comments and put together the answers - we might be able to help you then.
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
RUBEN

I have the same say on this. You should have shown the impact of the delay caused by the client (this should have an impact finish date ie this delay should have delayed the project finish date) ; & thus you should have given a revised programme that you have to accelrate the works to pull back the project finsh date and could claim on the cost for acceleration.( unless your programme was a very loose programme giving a lot of float)

Since it looks like you have done nothin in this regard your claim would be tough to go for.
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
RUBEN

I have the same say on this. You should have shown the impact of the delay caused by the client (this should have an impact finish date ie this delay should have delayed the project finish date) ; & thus you should have given a revised programme that you have to accelrate the works to pull back the project finsh date and could claim on the cost for acceleration.( unless your programme was a very loose programme giving a lot of float)

Since it looks like you have done nothin in this regard your claim would be tough to go for.
ruben quintal
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
remon,

if theres a written instruction from the client for you to accelerate the programme, then you have the rigth to claim for an acceleration cost, otherwise it is presumed that finishing the project ahead of time is your prerogative and the client has no obligation to any consequences that it brought.

regards
ashraf alawady
Can you collect all those queries and rewrite the situation clearly in order to be able to provide you with our judgement and assessment.
X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
well, i believe u already issued N.O.Claims along the project durations and i’m not sure about the time frame represented by ur contract to submit the detailed claim which should contain at least:

1- Time impact analysis representing the impact of these delays SEPARATLEY ONE A TIME.

2- All supportive data just like letters, drawing registers and RFI’s register.

3- i’m sure that contract must say something here regarding design changes thing (to be considered too)

i know it is not an easy task, but i think if u considered the approvals in your program from the begining , things would be more easy for u.

Good luck
remon remono
User offline. Last seen 17 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
hi,
type of delay: late approvals,late RFI reply, change of design.

completion date as per program is Nov 2006

thanks
X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
kindly, expand abit more

what kind of client’s delays?

what is the planned finish date of the program?

what is the impact of this delay on the program?

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
and please don’t shout, we’re professionals here!
Andrew Flowerdew
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Remon,

and to add to ashrafs’ request, what did you original programme show as a completion date?
ashraf alawady
1-For (150days) the estimated delays, did you got any approvals or acceptance from the client/engineer.

2-Did you accelerated the works to finish the works on June 2006 instead of Nov.2006 and is there any official instruction to do so.

we need your clarification,please.