Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Proving Disruption

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,
Aside from notifying the owner of an upcoming item which may disrupt progress of work. What is the best way to prove or disprove disruption when you have a situation where just say you a excavating a hole and are told that a portion of it has to wait but the rest of the work can continue? Can you say that as long as the overall excavation effort is able to progress than the job wasnt delayed or can you somehow prove that this segment of work caused a downstream affect on the work.

I look forward to everyones comments.

Replies

David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 days ago. Offline
When people write of delay and disruption they hardly ever touch the disruption aspect – it is so, relatively, difficult. However, I have found a good paper ’Disruption- the other “D” – Methods of Quantifying Disruption” by Anthony Caletka of Keane Associates. It can be found on their website Keane Associates. It’s a bit of a difficult site to navigate sometimes but it is under ‘updates’ > ‘May 2003’.

Regards

David
dbordoli@burofour.co.uk
Visit Buro Four’s NEW website Click Here
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Guest,

To prove disruption if theres any,I normally use the cause and effect of disruption in analysing the situation and reinforce it with PDM, which is simple and usually more satisfactory method. Having this exercise u will be able to
advise client of the delay(if any) or manageable period of delay (work stoppage)without affecting the completion date (total float).

MHO (My honest humble opinion).

Gilbert Rayco