Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What is Actuals in Schedule options

3 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I have dealt in P3.1; two options in Scheduling i.e. retained logic and progress override. But P6 have one more options i.e. Actual Dates………What is the logic behind using actuals…..I have read from help menu that Actual Dates will schedule my backward and forward passes using actual dates.
I think Progress override is also of the same use. It will override my logic and use the actual progress to determine the progress of work……..Can anybody explain what is the exact use of “actual dates”

Replies

quartz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am currently migrating from P3 to P6.  In one of our reports - Variance Analyis in P3 filter I can define the filter the following:

if Actual dates Is WR DD-30D DD+0D

where Low Value = DD-30D

High Value = DD+0D

In P6 the Actual dates is not there...  it was changed to something. I tried to use the Planned  Start or the Actual Start but the result was different than I expect. Can you help with this? Thanks.

Regards,

quartz

quartz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am currently migrating from P3 to P6.  In one of our reports - Variance Analyis in P3 filter I can define the filter the following:

if Actual dates Is WR DD-30D DD+0D

where Low Value = DD-30D

High Value = DD+0D

In P6 the Actual dates is not there...  it was changed to something. I tried to use the Planned  Start or the Actual Start but the result was different than I expect. Can you help with this? Thanks.

Regards,

quartz

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 8 min ago. Offline
Progress override means ignore the logic while Actual dates is not but using actual date when calculating forward pass and backward pass. Below is example of the difference.
Scheduling Options