Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Planet is baseless

6 replies [Last post]
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Despite my repeated requests that sombody help me in job abroad since last one month on notice board, it is noticed with great concern that no Planning Member contacted even asked for verbally help. Thus when there is such type of cooperation I think this planet should be immediately closed becuase all its members are selfish to the maximum extent and no body wants to see other on top.

Am i right, say something dear planet members

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
I think that the discussion on this subject should be closed becuase MR. John Hewitt,Tomas Rivera, Paul,Bernard Ertl have already been said so positively which is really helpful for all disappointed persons

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Shahzad
I agree with Bernard.
You have to search yourself for the jobs...and stop ranting at others.
My honest comments below will upset a few guys...here we go..
There are many guys out there who appear to be very successful, experienced and busy (giving lots comments in this forum almost ever night) in fact sitting on their backsides at home claiming to be self-employed, do you think that they will help?
You can try this company, they are the best in the UK, I have attended their masterclass, brilliant, we have used them for delay analyses,and now we dont trust those so-called independent analysts (in fact, they have conviced us on this).

http://www.pickavance.co.uk/UK/employ.htm

John Hewitt
Singapore
Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Shahzad:

I am part of the Planning Planet community and therefore one of its members. I can notice you are a little upset and that is why you are saying some things that are not quite right when refering to all of us. I myself have said things sometimes that are not properly said and have tried to avoid this in the future. And I would like to say a couple of things trying to bring you into perspective.

First, as Bernard, I also replied to your concerns. Although it was not through this forum, you did contact me privately by e-mail as one of the members of Planning Planet. We exchanged a couple of e-mails; and even though I was not in a position to hire anybody, I gave you a couple of recommendations to help you in your pursuit. So, it is not fair to say "... no Planning Planet member contacted ..." or " ... all its members are selfish ...".

Second, it is not easy to find a good job, you need to be patient and persistent. And one of the traits you need to have for the kind of work you are pursuing, is to be able to work within a team in a well coordinated way, even under stressful conditions. Your reaction is understandable, and probably some of us would like to help you more, but are unable. If there was a slight chance that somebody might be considering your employment, you probably lost that one already. So, I would suggest you take this as a learning experience for your own benefit.

Keep trying and do not give up. And good luck also.

Sincerely,

Tomas Rivera
Altek System
Scheduling for high performance construction projects
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Shazad, did you receive the e-mail reply I sent you on September 10? I will repeat it here for your benefit:

Hi Shahzad,

I think you are wrong to characterize the lack of response to your postings on the Planning Planet as discrimination. That is why I originally posted a reply to your thread.

Most members of the Planning Planet are people just like you who are not in a position to hire anyone. No one I know of will vouch/sponsor someone for a job opening if they do not know them. There is too much potential for negative consequences if things do not work out for whatever reasons.

Two more resources you might try for finding a job are:

www.monster.com
www.r-t-o-l.com

Seek out newspapers for areas where you want a job and check the their classifieds/job listings. Contact companies direct to see if they are hiring. Finding a good job is not easy for most people.

Good luck!

Cordially,
Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc.
www.interplansystems.com

Badgering Planning Planet members is neither constructive nor tolerated. This is not the place to take out your frustrations with your job hunt.

If you take the time to look around at the thousands of posts here, you will see that the Planning Planet members help everyone who asks as they are able.

I wish you great success in your job search.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Paul McCarthy
User offline. Last seen 2 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Think I may be setting myself up for a tirade, but, here goes ... Shahzad, my best advice would be to chill out a little. Ranting at your fellow planners is unlikely to endear them to your cause of finding work. If this is not possible then something a little more drastic may be called for?

My suggestion would include the words shoulder chip and remove.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Paul