Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Target Project Problem

3 replies [Last post]
James Braghini
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Help!! When I create a traget project and do an update, the target bar is moving also. I have some project that does not do that and some that do. Is there something I need to uncheck or differently?

James B.

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Hello James,

One more mistake maybe that you assigned the Target correctly but while selecting the target bar from format>bar in bar description you selected the wrong start/finish . Format>bar ,You have to select target bar or make a new target Bar and assign - Target 1 Early start for start and Target 1 Early finish for finish

regards

deb
Raj Radhakrishnan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi James,

If you have already created a target and assigned the same, then the bars moving along with the current bars can be of 2 reasons.

1. you might have created the schedule target, but forgot to assign it as the primary basleine. in which case, the target bars you see at the bottom are just the current schedule bars showing up as target bars.

2. you might have forgotten to check cell to display the primary baseline bars. You can do that by clicking on the bar options, and check the box against the primary baseline to be displayed.

Hope this helps.

raj
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Hello James,

Unless you UPDATE TARGET , Tools>Project Uilities> Target and then update , selecting the required updates , it should not update the target and the taret bars should not move.
If you want you can send me the schedule to pranab.deb@akdn-pcm.org and i will check it for you.

regards
pranab